Self-care is essential especially at this time of the year
Are you also running around like there is no tomorrow at this time of year? Probably even more than normal! Would you also like to finish things by the end of the year? Only you feel like you’re getting even more behind than ever! I am the same and I know as no other self-care is soooo important and so often forgotten about. That’s why I am sending you this message.
The past months
I forgot about that too! Been running around and flying all over the world. Totally forgot to stay balanced and really “forgotten” to be still and take time for me. You know even as a coach I also forget sometimes and this time was like a mental note to myself. The trick is to become aware and to get back into your self-care mode and give yourself your greatest gift!
Tips for you during these busy days
Therefore I would like to give you some tips to take care of yourself! Especially in this busy time of the year!
Here are several ways to get yourself grounded in the morning and do some self-care. Feel your feet touching the floor. Making that connection with mother earth. Envision roots shooting out of your feet and going deeper into the center of the earth. Use some essential oils like me. These could help you with grounding oil and set your boundaries.
- You can do meditations or visualisations. I love a meditation of Esther and Abraham Hicks who cost you around 15 minutes and these are well worth spending!
- Perhaps you can do some journaling about how you would like this Christmas to look like and set your intention.
- It’s okay to excuse yourself for 15-30 minutes, or go out for a walk, or sit down with a book, perhaps meditate, or just be still.
- Appreciate what is and you will receive more of what you would like.
- Also, drink enough water.
Indoors and with the fireplace or other heating running it is easy to dry out, on the other
hand, if you’re in the summer Christmas season it is often warm and you also want to
- Spend some time outdoors, go have that walk with the dog, your visitors, family, or nice on your own.
- What does Christmas actually mean for me? Spending time with our loved ones and appreciate each other’s company that is for me the essence of Christmas.
- And especially around these darkest days of the year, make sure you shine your own light.
Wishing you an amazing, peaceful Christmas, and give yourself your own greatest gift!